Sweet Potato Mousse Cake
Paleo recipes / Paleo diet
Vegan recipes / Vegan Diet
Wholefood recipes / Wholefood diet
A cake substitute to take to any event that will impress?! With the creamy goodness of sweet potato, the soft and light texture of this cake will not disappoint.
- 1 Cup coconut flour
- 1/3 Cup and 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 Cup mashed sweet potato
- ¼ Cup cacao powder
- 1 Cup coconut milk
- ¼ Cup honey
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees & line a 16cm round springform pan with baking paper & coconut oil
- Mix together in a medium sized bowl the ingredients for the chocolate crust
- Place the bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes or less until it resembles a dough like texture [check it after 5]
- Press the dough into the bottom of the prepared springform pan
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes & put aside to cool
- Place all mousse filling ingredients into a food processor or nutri-bullet and blitz until smooth and creamy!
- Scoop the mousse on top of your prepared crust & bake for 15-20 minutes or until a darker 'crust' forms on top of your cake
- Let cool & place in the refrigerator for 2 hours and serve with berries, shaved dark chocolate or ground nuts!
This cake should be prepared the day of, but can be made the night before as well. Ideally not left in the refrigerator for more than 3 days afterward.
Your guests will not be disappointed!! Enjoy :)
Humble Wholefoods x.