Sweet Potato Brownies
Paleo recipes / Paleo diet
Wholefood recipes / Wholefood diet
Brownies!! You can have these daily as an afternoon snack & satisfy all those cravings. Now as soon as I hear the word 'brownie', I automatically think YES, NOW! But of course, usually brownies are extremely sweet, sickening & well... aren't that nutritious for you. These brownies however are made from ground almonds, giving you some good fatty acids that will keep you fuller for longer. Try this recipe for your daily snack attack substitute!
- ¾ Cup almond meal
- ¼ Cup arrowroot flour
- 1Teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Whole eggs [substitute with 2 servings of vegan egg substitute replace; or 1 Tablespoon flaxseed meal with 1/4 Cup water x 2]
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees & line a square 6 x 6 inch square tin with baking paper & coconut oil
- Whisk the coconut oil & honey until combined
- Add the eggs and beat for 2-3 minutes or until fluffy
- Add the dry ingredients and whisk until combined
- Pour batter into the prepared tin & bake for 20-25 minutes or until a clean skewer comes out of the brownies
- Cool & serve with berries
Store in an air-tight container on the kitchen bench or freeze for future treats and snacks!
Humble Wholefoods x.