Strawberry white chocolate muffins
Paleo recipes / Paleo diet
Vegan recipes / Vegan diet
Wholefood recipes / Wholefood diet
Muffins muffins muffins! The perfect sweet treat for anyone wanting a nutritious wholefood morning snack to have with their coffee or tea. We all know the process of going to our local coffee shop to buy our pick me up for the day and smelling those deliciously made muffins on the counter. The issue is that they are usually over 600 calories per serve and made of butter, sugar and processed flour! These beauties will give you the same satisfaction with the added treat of little chocolate chips to soothe your cravings yet with less than 100 calories per serve - you won't break your wholefood lifestyle!
¾ Cup almond meal
⅓ Cup arrowroot flour [ substitute with gluten free self raising flour ]
½ Cup desiccated coconut
1 Teaspoon baking powder
1 Egg [ substitute with 1 serving no egg mix ]
- ¼ Cup coconut oil
- ¼ Cup raw honey [ rice malt syrup / honey ]
- 1 Cup chopped strawberries
- ¼ Cup dairy free white chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees & line a muffin tin with muffin patties - lightly spray the patties with coconut oil / olive oil
- Whisk together the coconut oil and honey until combined
- Add the egg & whisk vigorously until the colour lightens
- Add the almond meal, arrowroot flour, desiccated coconut & baking powder & fold into the batter
- Add the strawberries & chocolate chips and lightly mix into the batter
- Evenly pour the batter into your prepared muffin patties and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown
- Let cool and eat, share, enjoy!
Humble Wholefoods x.