Roasted balsamic pumpkin
An easy lunch or dinner go-to! 2 minutes of prep...40 minutes of baking & you've got yourself a delicious wholefood meal! Eating wholefood doesn't have to be complicated.. sometimes a big of balsamic, pumpkin, nuts & goats cheese is all you need! Packed with flavour from the balsamic & pumpkin + those fatty acids in the nuts will keep you fuller for longer. This is my weekend lunch most weekends & I crave it every week.
Watch the quick 40 second recipe video below
- 3 - 4 slices of pumpkin [approx 1 quarter of a pumpkin]
- Organic balsamic glaze [ to drizzle. Alternatively reduce 1/2 Cup balsamic vinegar over a low heat for 15 minutes until thick ]
- Olive oil or coconut oil [ to drizzle ]
- 2-3 Tablespoons pesto
- 1/2 Cup pistachio nuts roughly chopped
- 30g goats cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees & slice the pumpkin [1 inch thickness ]
- Drizzle some olive oil & balsamic glaze over the pumpkin
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until tender & caramelised
- Top with pesto & sprinkle with chopped pistachio nuts & crumbled goats cheese
Humble Wholefoods x.