Paleo recipes / Paleo diet
Vegan recipes / Vegan diet
Wholefood recipes / Wholefood diet
The ultimate crowd pleaser & on the go snack! With the beautiful accent of pumpkin, this bread will satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. I made this for my fiancé and he absolutely loved it! It'll probably be gone by the time I share this recipe with you all. With an afternoon at home, try throwing this recipe together, you will not regret it!
- ¾ Cup Buckwheat flour
- ½ Cup arrowroot root flour or GF flour
- 1Teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ Teaspoon nutmeg ground
- ¼ Teaspoon ginger ground
- ¼ Teaspoon cloves ground
- 1Teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 1 Whole egg [ 1 vegan substitute egg mix ]
- ¼ Cup coconut oil
- ½ Cup raw honey
- 1 Cup cooked mashed pumpkin
A handful of walnuts
- Place the whole or halved butternut pumpkin in the oven at 180 degrees, with a little drizzle of coconut or olive oil & bake for 60 minutes until soft
- Scrape out the centre of the pumpkin and leave aside to cook [you should be able to scoop this out with a spoon]
- Ensure that you leave the oven on!
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the coconut oil & the raw honey until combined
- Add the egg & whisk vigorously until combined
- Add the dry ingredients and then the mashed pumpkin
- Add some of the walnuts or any nuts you may have and fold into the batter
- Pour the mixture into a silicone loaf tray or a lined & oiled loaf tin, sprinkle the left over walnuts over the top and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes
Store in an air-tight container for future snacking!
Humble Wholefoods x.