Pear & Pecan Crumble
paleo recipes / paleo diet
vegan recipes / vegan diet
wholefood recipes / wholefood diet
Our very own wholefood humble crumble to warm those chilly nights and dessert bellies. A little twist on the traditional crumble mix, using beautiful sweet pears with the hint of coconut and crunchy pecans. A nutritious crumble recipe that will become your dinner party staple!
- ½ Cup coconut flour
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 Tablespoons coconut sugar + extra for sprinkling over the top
- 4-6 pears peeled and quartered
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- pinch of cinnamon
- ¾ cup pecans roughly chopped
- Place your quartered pears in a saucepan over medium heat with the water, cinnamon and maple syrup and let simmer until the pears are cooked (approximately 15 minutes)
[Be careful not to overcook the pears, you don’t want them to be mushy!]
- Meanwhile, combine the crumble ingredients together in a bowl and place in the freezer for 10 minutes until the mixture resembles a dough consistency
- Once the pears are soft, transfer them to a baking dish to let cool
- Once cooled, sprinkle the dough mixture over the pears using your fingers to break it up as it falls
[You may need put it back into the freezer for 5 minutes before this step as the mixture may have lost it’s dough like texture whilst the pears cooled]
- Roughly chop up your pecan nuts and sprinkle over your crumble with a little extra coconut sugar and bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.
Serve with coconut ice cream or fresh organic wholefood cream for a final touch of delicious goodness.