Lemon & Poppyseed muffins
Paleo recipes / Paleo diet
Vegan recipes / Vegan diet
Wholefood recipes / Wholefood diet
My childhood memory consists of this cake + loads of cream cheese icing. Today I am sharing my wholefood version - so you can share this with your little ones & family and friends. This recipe sends me straight back to my wonderful Nene who is my mothers best friend & who I grew up with as a second mother. She made this most weekends & the smell & taste takes me right back to living in PNG and eating her Lemon & Poppy seed cake on a Saturday afternoon. This recipe is such a classic, beautiful hints of lemon & the textured crunch of poppy seeds to satisfy anyone! These muffins make a great afternoon snack and can be frozen for an easy go-to grab out the door!
- ¾ Cup Almond meal
- ½ Cup arrowroot root flour or GF flour
- ¼ Cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 Whole eggs [ 2 vegan substitute egg mix ]
- ¼ Cup raw honey
- ½ Cup coco quench coconut milk [ almond milk; oat milk ]
- Juice of a lemon
- Combined the poppy seeds & the milk in a small bowl & leave aside to soak
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the eggs & the raw honey until combined
- Add the dry ingredients & the poppy seed + milk mixture and whisk until smooth
- Add the juice of the lemon & fold into the batter
- Pour the mixture into sprayed cupcake patties in a muffin tray & bake for 20 minutes
Store in an air-tight container for future snacking!
Humble Wholefoods x.