Paleo recipes / Paleo diet
Vegan recipes / Vegan diet
Wholefood recipes / Wholefood diet
A wonderful humble wholefoods reader requested these beauties for her & her family & I couldn't wait to jump in a create this for her. I knew I wanted to create a chewy biscuit that was soft on the inside and I knew - almonds almonds almonds will help me get this texture. These cookies are fabulous for a quick baked good treat that takes 15 minutes include baking time.
Throw these together for your kids as an afternoon snack or for yourself to enjoy with a cup of tea!
- 1 ¼ Cups almond meal
- 4 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 Egg [ vegan egg replacement ]
- ¼ Cup coconut oil
- ¼ Cup maple syrup [ rice malt syrup / honey ]
- ½ Cup coconut sugar
- 2 Teaspoons ginger powder [ If you love a ginger flavour add another 1/2 a teaspoon]
- ½ Teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees & line a rectangle baking tray with baking paper
- Mix together all of the ingredients until combined & test batter for flavour of ginger + sweetness [ you can add more maple syrup if you prefer a sweeter biscuit ]
- Roll mixture into small balls and place onto the baking tray about 1 inch apart
- Using a fork, lightly press the balls down making an imprint into the cookie
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown [ be careful not to over cook the biscuits otherwise they won't be chewy ]
- Cool on a cooling rack & eat eat eat!!
Humble Wholefoods x.