Paleo recipes / Paleo diet
Wholefood recipes / Wholefood diet
Crispy, syrupy french toast... OH YEAH! I make these on a sunday morning after boxing & absolutely LOVE them. I never feel bloated or 'stuffed' afterwards like restaurant french toast seems to make me feel & I just love the thought of my sundays starting off with these beauties. I used pumpkin sourdough but you can use ANY bread you like - gluten free even!
Watch the video below on how to make these for your next brekky...
- 2 Whole eggs [vegan substitute: 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed & 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence]
- ½ Cup almond milk [coconut milk; oat milk]
- 2 Sliced pumpkin sourdough [any bread - including gluten free range]
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup to drizzle
- 1 Handful berries of choice
- 1 Tablespoon desiccated coconut
- Whisk together eggs + milk until combined [Vegan substitute: Whisk together milk, flaxseed & vanilla until combined
- Add sourdough into the batter for 20 seconds per side [repeat with second piece of bread]
- Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or organic butter to a frypan
- When hot, add the two slices of soaked bread into the pan
- Brown on both sides [approximately 1-2 minutes per side]
- Serve with drizzled maple syrup, berries & desiccated coconut
Happy weekend breakfasts!
Humble Wholefoods x.