Chocolate Maple Bread
Paleo recipes / Paleo diet
Vegan recipes / Vegan diet
Wholefood recipes / Wholefood diet
With cold gusty winds outside on a beautiful Brisbane day - all I can think about is chocolate bread!! So here it is - a chocolate fix for your weekend + some added hidden zucchini nutrition that the kids won't notice at all! With less than 10 ingredients - take 30 minutes out of your day to make this delicious treat to keep you going all weekend... if it lasts that long!
½ Cup almond meal
½ Cup arrowroot flour [ substitute with gluten free self raising flour ]
½ Cup desiccated coconut
¼ Cup raw cacao powder
1 Teaspoon baking powder
2 Eggs [ vegan substitute with 2 serving no egg mix ]
- 1/3 Cup coconut oil
- ½ Cup maple syrup [ rice malt syrup / honey ]
- 1 Grated zucchini
- ¼ Cup dairy free dark chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees & grease a silicone loaf tin or line a metal loaf tin
- Whisk together the coconut oil and maple syrup until combined
- Add the eggs & whisk vigorously until the colour lightens
- Add the almond meal, arrowroot flour, cacao, desiccated coconut & baking powder & fold into the batter
- Add the zucchini & chocolate chips and lightly mix into the batter
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer can be pulled out clean from the bread
- Let cool and eat, share, enjoy!
Humble Wholefoods x.