Chocolate LCM Bars
Paleo recipes / Paleo diet
Vegan recipes / Vegan diet
Wholefood recipes / Wholefood diet
Chocolate LCM's that are the perfect snacking treat?! Oh yes. If you live in Australia, you would know of the famous puffed rice LCM bars that most kids grew up on with its crunchy goodness and sticky / sweet sensational texture. Unfortunately, these bars lack any nutrition and are packed with processed sugar and candies. NO FEAR MUMMIES - you can make these for your kids in less than 10 minutes & they will be STOKED. The perfect snack for their lunch box + a MT snack for any adult to take with them on their way out the door.
- ½ cup rice malt syrup
- ¼ cup raw honey [ substitute with maple syrup if vegan ]
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup almond butter
- 2 Tablespoons cacao powder
- 3 cups puffed brown rice or sugar free organise puffed rice
- ½ cup rolled oats
- Line with baking paper a square 8 x 8 baking tin
- In a medium sized saucepan, heat the rice malt syrup & the raw honey on the stove and bring to a light boil
- Let the sweeteners bubble and foam for 2-3 minutes to thicken
- Add the coconut oil & almond butter and whisk until fully combined [this may take a few minutes]
- Add the cacao powder and whisk until the mixture is completely chocolatey
- Take the saucepan off the heat and continue whisky while the mixture cools slightly [approximately 2 minutes]
- Add the oats and the puffed rice [ 1 cup at a time ] until fold into the chocolate mixture using a spatula until the rice is covered and sticky
- You can add more or less puffed rice depending on how much chocolate coverage you like
- Press the mixture into the lined tin and cool in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours
- Cut into bars and store in air-tight containers in the pantry!
Store in an air-tight container on the kitchen bench or freeze for future treats and snacks!
Humble Wholefoods x.