Celebration almond coconut cake
The ultimate celebration cake for birthdays / afternoon teas / christmas + sweet cravings. I love making this cake when people are coming around because it takes me less than 10 minutes to make the batter, it then takes a quick 20-25 minutes to bake & less than 5 minutes to ice. It is literally my quickest celebration cake recipe :) The almond meal gives the cake a light / crumbly texture whilst the coconut oil keeps the cake extremely moist & succulent. It is a people please for the ages - just you wait a see ;)
With christmas just around the corner, I thought it would be perfect to share this recipe with you so you can still enjoy your holidays & turn up to that christmas party or family BBQ prepared with ease.
80 second recipe video below for a quick look...
Makes 1 double layer cake in 40 minutes
[ 2 x 16cm round tins needed ]
- 1/2 Cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 Cup raw honey [ rice malt syrup ]
- 4 Eggs [ vegan: 4 serves egg replacer ]
- 1 1/2 Cup almond meal
- 1 Cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 Cup arrowroot flour [ OR GF self raising flour ]
- 2 Teaspoons baking soda
200g coconut yogurt for the icing [ OR any yogurt ]
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees & line the two 16cm round tins with baking paper & coconut oil
- Add the coconut oil & raw honey to a mixing bowl & whisk until combined
- Add the eggs & beat for 2-3 minutes
- Add the almond meal, desiccated coconut, arrowroot flour & baking soda and fold
- Divide the batter evenly into the two lined tins & bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden - let them cool
- Place one of the cake layers onto a platter & evenly spread half of the coconut yogurt over the top
- Place the second cake on top of the yogurt layer & ice with the remaining coconut yogurt
- Top with fresh flowers & flaked almonds
This cake can last out on the kitchen bench if made the day OF serving; otherwise store in the refrigerator & take out 15-20 minutes before serving
Humble Wholefoods x.