Paleo recipes / Paleo diet
Vegan recipes / Vegan diet
Wholefood recipes / Wholefood diet
Saturday night with netflix and a bowl of delicious caramel popcorn?! Oh yes! This recipe is not only great for an afternoon treat but for cool comfy nights on the couch with a good film! This will take you approximately 10-15 minutes & you can pre-make this and keep it in an air-tight container
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup raw honey [ substitute with maple syrup if vegan ]
- 5 Cups cooked popcorn [1/4 cup uncooked kernels]
- 1 Tablespoons coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- Cook the corn kernels in a saucepan with the coconut oil and close the lid
- Once you hear them start popping - check them until all kernels are popped & not burned
- Add the honey or maple syrup to a small saucepan and heat until it starts to bubble and boil
- Add the coconut milk and let the mixture simmer and thicken for 15 minutes
- Once you see the mixture is thick and darkened slightly in colour it is ready!
- Pour the mixture over the cooked popcorn & stir it in
- Let cool on the counter or place in the refrigerator
Store in an air-tight container for future snacking!
Humble Wholefoods x.