A classic favourite - banana bread! This recipe took me ages to test... mainly because I wanted to mimic the texture of a 'usual' banana bread without being too grainy. This recipe only uses a few ingredients & tastes ... incredible!!
Quick recipe video to show you how...
Makes 1 small 12cm length loaf tin
- 3 Whole brown bananas [ over ripe for extra sweetness ]
- 2 Whole eggs [ Vegan substitute: 2 servings of egg replacer ]
- 1/4 Cup melted coconut oil
- 3/4 Cup almond meal
- 1/2 Cup arrowroot flour [ OR GF self raising flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Cup dark chocolate chips [ vegan / dairy free ]
- 1/4 Cup raw honey
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees & grease the loaf tin with coconut oil
- Mash the bananas
- Add 2 eggs & coconut oil to a mixing bowl & whisk until combined
- Add bananas, almond meal, arrowroot flour & baking soda & fold gently into the batter
- Optional: Add the honey if you want it to be extra sweet
- Add chocolate chips & mix into the batter
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin & bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown
- Cool | Slice | Enjoy!
This recipe can be frozen or stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 6 days
Humble Wholefoods x.